Every bride deserves to be pampered. This is her show after all. However, with all the wedding planning stress chances are she hasn’t had been able to do much of anything for herself lately. The Pamper the Bride theme bridal shower is a great way to give the bride a day at the “spa” and a chance to put up her feet and relax. Getting together with your closest family and friends and indulging in manicures, pedicures and facials is the perfect way to distress and detoxify. Guaranteed to be a hit not only with the bride, but all the girls present!
Pamper the Bride Theme Bridal Shower Invitations:
- Take a nail file and stick a piece of paper on it so it dangles like a scroll. Put down all the party details and roll up the paper. Tie with a ribbon and send out to all the guests.
- Use lipstick pencils or eyeliner to write out the party details on the invitations.
- Attach the invite to pretty loofahs and send out to all the guests.
Pamper the Bride Theme Bridal Shower Decorations:
- Light aroma candles all around the room to give a spa effect.
- Use large bowls filled with water and add rose petals to the bowl. Not only does it look visually stunning but also the room will smell amazingly fresh.
- Hand out rose scented wet towels to each guest as she arrives.
- Put up chimes for soothing, tinkling music.
Pamper the Bride Theme Bridal Shower Food:
- Detoxification is the name of the game. Serve sparkling water and fresh juices. Get recipes for drinks that include ingredients like lemon grass, ginger and fresh lime.
- Lots of fruits and salads.
- Herbal tea.
- Roasted and baked dishes are a good idea. Skip fried foods.
- And of course – chocolate. Sorry but if you are going to pamper the bride you cannot skip the chocolate! And a little bit of sin goes a long way.
Pamper the Bride Theme Bridal Shower Games:
Rather than games organize enough equipment so that all the women present can pamper themselves. You can even hire a manicurist or a masseuse to give massages to everyone. Ask the guests to carry their own brand of creams, lotions and face packs.
The idea is to create an atmosphere of a relaxed, luxury spa. In fact ask the guests to carry along their robes and flip-flops as well.
Mix up 3-4 different kind of home made face packs for the guests to try out. You could even mix up some potions to use as body scrubs, hand and face creams and foot creams. Put the contents into bowls and place the recipe in front of each bowl. Let the guests decide what their preference is.
For the bride, hire a beautician to give her the entire bridal package; a manicure, pedicure, massage, facial, bikini or Brazilian wax and everything else on offer. This could also be your gift to the bride for the bridal shower.
Note: If you don’t want to sponsor the manicurist / masseuse for all the guests it is acceptable. In such a case you can either give out flyers listing all the various services on offer and the charges. Another option is to introduce the beautician and let her state the services and costs herself once all the guests have arrived.
Pamper the Bride Theme Bridal Shower Party Favors:
- Scented luxury soap three orchid gift box.
- Perfect pansies luxury bath confetti.
- Scented bottle bath sea salts.
- Aroma oils.
Weddings can put a great deal of stress on the bride. Let her bridal shower be an event where she is pampered to no end and feels like a queen for the day.
Copyright Andrea R. Britt, 2005. All rights reserved.