Many brides are scared that once they get married, the romance will go out of the relationship. Wedding are all about love and romance and what better theme than to have a romantic bridal shower! This theme works super well for co-ed bridal showers. Couples get a chance to rekindle their love stories while singles have the perfect opportunity to meet the love of their lives.
Romance Theme Bridal Shower Invitations:
- Pink hearts, red hearts and some more pink hearts! Cut out pink heart or get red heart shaped balloons and attach the invite to them.
- If you don’t mind spending a little extra, send each invite with a single long stemmed red rose.
- For a little humor with the romance, buy pink colored glasses and attach the invite to these. Let the invite read, “Join us for an evening of viewing the world through rose colored glasses. Celebrating the spirit of romance and love.”
Romance Theme Bridal Shower Decorations:
- The regular stuff goes without saying: red heart shaped balloons, pink hearts, red roses.
- To add a unique touch, light rose scented candles and place them all around the room.
- Using transparent fabric like Organza in gold and silver to drape chairs and tables gives a fairytale romance feeling to the party.
- You can also create a romantic ambience by adding some romantic music.
Romance Theme Bridal Shower Food:
- Champagne and strawberries.
- Chocolate or cheese fondue.
- Aphrodisiacs like oysters, caviar and papaya. (This is mighty harsh on the pocket so watch your budget before you indulge!)
- Serve passion purple cocktails. Strawberry margaritas would also be perfect.
Romance Theme Bridal Shower Games:
- Put down a few words like love, thee, friend, passion, tender. Ask the guests to write a poem using all the given words. The best poem wins!
- Ask the guest to suggest an ultra romantic way to propose. The best proposal wins. If you are having a couple’s shower, ask the couples to share their own proposal experiences. The real life most romantic proposal wins.
- Give each guest a heart shaped paper and ask her to write down a piece of advice to keep the romance alive in a marriage. Tie all the hearts with a ribbon and put them in a keepsake box. Present to the bride as her bridal shower gift.
- If you are having a co-ed shower the balloon game works really well. Give each couple a heart shaped balloon and ask them to hold it between them – no hands allowed. They must use the rest of the body to keep the balloon up. Put on some music and get the couples to dance without dropping the balloon. The couple who keeps the balloon up longest, wins!
Romance Theme Bridal Shower Party Favors:
- Heart charm gourmet chocolate kit.
- Personalized heart shaped message in a bottle favor.
- Chrome heart love letter opener in gift box.
- Solid heart wine bottle stopper.
The romance themed wedding shower theme can be more about pleasing the guests than the bride herself. Often the bride and groom are already deeply experiencing romance. The romantic bridal shower can be a way for them to share that joy with friends and family.
Copyright Andrea R. Britt, 2005. All rights reserved.