If the bridal couple is a travel buff then this is the perfect theme bridal shower for them.
The real show stopper for this theme is actually being able to gift the bridal couple a honeymoon. Either all the guests at the bridal shower can get together and chip in money to send the couple on a honeymoon. Optionally, if the couple’s parents or siblings or anyone is planning to sponsor their honeymoon, get them to come to the shower and surprise the couple.
Of course, that doesn’t mean it is a prerequisite. A gift certificate for a day at a luxury spa works just as well with the theme.
Travel Theme Bridal Shower Invitations:
- Design the invitations to look like airplane tickets with the boarding, departure, destination, date and other details. You can easily print these from a computer if you have access to one.
- Get miniature life jackets or floats and invite all the guests to ‘Cruise’ with you at the bridal shower.
- You can buy miniature travel luggage and fill it with candy. Send out along with the invites.
Travel Theme Bridal Shower Decorations:
- Bring out your entire luggage and use it as seating instead of regular chairs.
- You can get inflatable boats and place them at the entrance. Put all the party favors in one of the boats and ask the guests to take one each on their way out. Use another boat to hold all the gifts.
- Hang cut outs of airplanes or paper Origami airplanes all around the room.
Travel Theme Bridal Shower Food:
- Airplane food it is! Serve it in an airplane style using a tray and snacks that can be served cold or just need to be heated in the microwave.
- Croissants, donuts, chips, bagels.
- Serve small bottles of juice, coke or if you want to go First Class – get mini wine bottles!
- Circulate a basket of fruits as well.
Travel Theme Bridal Shower Games:
- Make a list of 20 odd countries and their capitals. Give the guests a list of the countries and ask them to name the capital cities. The guest with the most correct answer wins.
- Get a really tiny carryall and a whole lot of clothes. Give each guest 1 minute to pack her bag. The guest, who can fit the maximum number of clothes in the bag within the allotted time, wins.
- Divide the guests into groups of 4 or 5. Give each group a bag with miscellaneous items like a sarong, some flowers, pieces of cloth of varying length, newspapers, caps, beads, string and the like. Each group must dress up one person from amongst them in the National dress of the country or destination of their choice. Example: a Hawaiian belly dancer, a Japanese girl or a Muslim woman from Saudi. You could change this to a State based game limited to the United States also.
Travel Theme Bridal Shower Party Favors:
- Handpainted sailboat place card photo holders.
- The perfect pair miniature flip flop floating candles.
- Personalized Adirondack chair tealight placecard holder with candle.
- Petite purse favor bags with candy.
Marriage is truly a journey and a travel themed bridal shower will start the trip off with a festive feel of excitement for the new experiences to come.
Copyright Andrea R. Britt, 2005. All rights reserved.